I read this book last week and, honestly, it was not my favorite book. I'm not shooting it down, and I don't want to discourage you about reading this book, because everyone is different. The story is about a fifteen, almost sixteen year old girl, named Tally Youngblood. She's excited because when she turns sixteen she will undergo an operation that will make her 'pretty'. But a couple of months before her operation, she meets a girl named Shay, who doesn't want to be pretty. Shay is always talking about going to a place called the Smoke, where people who don't want to be pretty go. So Shay runs away to the Smoke. Meanwhile, Tally is about to go to the operation but is told that something is wrong. She is then taken to a laboratory where she is told that if she doesn't find, and return, Shay then she will not have the operation done. Also, when you have the operation, you will be sent to a place called New Pretty Town.
The Characters are:
Tally: the main character
Shay: Tally's newfound friend
Peris: Tally's old friend who was turned pretty
David: The son of the founders of the Smoke
Maddy: David's mom
Az: David's dad
Croy: One of Shay's friends who ran away to the Smoke
Ryde: Another one of Shay's friends who ran away
The Boss: The 'Leader' of the Smoke
Dr. Cable: The doctor who gives Tally the choice to go after Shay or never turn Pretty
Here's my review:
I never put it down. I ordered it off Amazon on a Tuesday, got it Friday, finished Sunday. I couldn't stop! Though it is not a book I would go around recommending. Not that the content was bad, but that it could get boring at times.
Content:
Sexual: There is nothing bad. There is a few kisses between Tally and David and Peris kisses Tally on the cheek.
Violence:
There is some action in this book. The Smoke is under attack and a lot of people get kidnapped. Tally is beat up by a soldier. The boss is found after the attack by Tally in the woods. His neck is broken.
Language:
The language is minor. Pissed and hell is used once or twice.
In all, I would give this book a three out of five stars.
No comments:
Post a Comment